Samantha Mandell has focused her practice on complex civil litigation in state and federal courts, including products liability, commercial contract disputes, business torts, and real estate litigation. She has experience on matters ranging from highly-staffed case teams to cases handled by as few as two attorneys including:
• Representing a client in a lawsuit alleging $2 billion of damages arising out of a former subsidiary’s bankruptcy, including developing case strategy, supervising junior attorneys, drafting dispositive and Daubert motions, and taking approximately 10 fact witness depositions and a two-day expert deposition;
• Managing products liability cases on behalf of a multi-national client, including taking dozens of depositions and drafting dispositive and evidentiary motions;
• Second-chairing a highly litigious complex federal court foreclosure litigation matter, including drafting more than 20 successful discovery, dispositive, and appellate motions;
• Second-chairing trial in a complex telecommunications contract dispute in federal court, including examining an expert witness and drafting numerous pre-trial, trial, and post-trial motions;
• Drafting extensive pleadings, motions, and appellate briefs in state and federal courts, including several federal Courts of Appeal and in the United States Supreme Court; and
• Managing e-discovery.
Ms. Mandell has been chosen as a Super Lawyers Magazine “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation Defense in 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
From 2010-2015, Ms. Mandell was a member of the board of directors of Kate's Club, an Atlanta non-profit organization that seeks to empower children and teens facing life after the death of a parent or sibling. She is also an active participant in local charities and bar organizations.
Education: University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude; Emory University School of Law, with honors; Emory University Goizueta School of Business, with honors
Court Admissions: United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, Northern District of Georgia, Middle District of Georgia, Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Superior and State Courts
Ms. Mandell can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 770-577-3559, ext. 230.